WHo can post on this list?

HW
Helena Worthen
Fri, Apr 14, 2023 7:43 PM

Hi — do you have to be an actual member of UALE to post onto this list? I seem to be getting a number of requests to post something on other people’s behalf — things like labor ed jobs, which I assume are of interest to this list. I am also urging folks to just join UALE, for heaven’s sake!  But what is the filter?

Thanks —

Helena Worthen
helenaworthen@gmail.com https://www.laborsbookstore.com/collections/all/products/power-despite-precarity-strategies-for-the-contingent-faculty-movement

Hi — do you have to be an actual member of UALE to post onto this list? I seem to be getting a number of requests to post something on other people’s behalf — things like labor ed jobs, which I assume are of interest to this list. I am also urging folks to just join UALE, for heaven’s sake! But what is the filter? Thanks — Helena Worthen helenaworthen@gmail.com https://www.laborsbookstore.com/collections/all/products/power-despite-precarity-strategies-for-the-contingent-faculty-movement
BM
Bellman, Mary
Tue, Apr 18, 2023 6:02 PM

Helena and labor education allies,

I'm sharing what I know and ask current board members to correct any of this if needed. This list-serve is separate from UALE membership, so you do not need to be a member to post.

Like many list-serves, you have to join the list-serve to be able to post to it, or your post won't go through. You also have to use the same email that you signed up with in order to post (beware of using an alias email through your institution).

At some point, there was a change to the server of the list, so people may need to sign up again (this is not automatic through UALE membership, as the two are separate). Here's the link on the website to join the list-serve: https://uale.org/join-listserv/ You can find this on the top left of the home page under "updates."

Best,
Mary

Mary Bellman

Director of Labor Education

The LABOR School at Penn State

http://ler.la.psu.edu/outreach/labor-school

Hi — do you have to be an actual member of UALE to post onto this list? I seem to be getting a number of requests to post something on other people’s behalf — things like labor ed jobs, which I assume are of interest to this list. I am also urging folks to just join UALE, for heaven’s sake!  But what is the filter?

Thanks —

Helena Worthen
helenaworthen@gmail.com https://www.laborsbookstore.com/collections/all/products/power-despite-precarity-strategies-for-the-contingent-faculty-movement

[Cover PDP high res cover.jpeg]

Helena and labor education allies, I'm sharing what I know and ask current board members to correct any of this if needed. This list-serve is separate from UALE membership, so you do not need to be a member to post. Like many list-serves, you have to join the list-serve to be able to post to it, or your post won't go through. You also have to use the same email that you signed up with in order to post (beware of using an alias email through your institution). At some point, there was a change to the server of the list, so people may need to sign up again (this is not automatic through UALE membership, as the two are separate). Here's the link on the website to join the list-serve: https://uale.org/join-listserv/ You can find this on the top left of the home page under "updates." Best, Mary Mary Bellman Director of Labor Education The LABOR School at Penn State http://ler.la.psu.edu/outreach/labor-school Office: 814.867.5697 Pronouns: she, her, hers ________________________________ From: Helena Worthen <helenaworthen@gmail.com> Sent: Friday, April 14, 2023 3:43 PM To: Apple Inc. <ualelist@list.uale.org> Subject: [Ualeindiv] WHo can post on this list? Hi — do you have to be an actual member of UALE to post onto this list? I seem to be getting a number of requests to post something on other people’s behalf — things like labor ed jobs, which I assume are of interest to this list. I am also urging folks to just join UALE, for heaven’s sake! But what is the filter? Thanks — Helena Worthen helenaworthen@gmail.com https://www.laborsbookstore.com/collections/all/products/power-despite-precarity-strategies-for-the-contingent-faculty-movement [Cover PDP high res cover.jpeg]