CBA language on AI

RO
robert ovetz
Fri, Aug 23, 2024 10:37 PM

Hi

I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If
anyone knows of any please let me know.

In solidarity,

Robert Ovetz

SJSU

Hi I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If anyone knows of any please let me know. In solidarity, Robert Ovetz SJSU
AS
Alex Sanchez
Fri, Aug 23, 2024 10:44 PM

I actually wrote a proposal for upcoming contract negotiations that I'm
leading

"During the term of this agreement, the Employer agrees to meet and confer
with the Union prior to the implementation of any AI technology that may
lead to a reduction of bargaining unit positions or reduction of bargaining
unit work"

Hope this helps.

Alex

On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:38 PM robert ovetz rfovetz@riseup.net wrote:

Hi

I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If
anyone knows of any please let me know.

In solidarity,

Robert Ovetz

SJSU

See UALE's website at <uale.org>. You can also like us on Facebook and
follow us on Twitter

I actually wrote a proposal for upcoming contract negotiations that I'm leading "During the term of this agreement, the Employer agrees to meet and confer with the Union prior to the implementation of any AI technology that may lead to a reduction of bargaining unit positions or reduction of bargaining unit work" Hope this helps. Alex On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:38 PM robert ovetz <rfovetz@riseup.net> wrote: > Hi > > I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If > anyone knows of any please let me know. > > In solidarity, > > Robert Ovetz > > SJSU > > _______________________________________________ > UALEList mailing list -- ualelist@list.uale.org > To unsubscribe send an email to ualelist-leave@list.uale.org > > See UALE's website at <uale.org>. You can also like us on Facebook and > follow us on Twitter >
SN
Seema N Patel
Fri, Aug 23, 2024 11:46 PM

Robert:

This blog posthttps://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/union-collective-bargaining-agreement-strategies-in-response-to-technology/ might be helpful; it’s from 2020, but the linked reporthttps://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Working-Paper-Union-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-Strategies-in-Response-to-Technology-v2.pdf (by Lisa Kresge at UC Berkeley Labor Center) is a useful compendium of various contract provisions dealing with technology – including AI!

Seema.

--
Seema N. Patel (she/her)
Associate Professor of Law

UC Hastingshttps://www.uclawsf.edu/new-name/ became the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco – or UC Law SF – after AB 1936 was signed into law, striking “Hastings” from the school’s name.

--
Seema N. Patel (she/her)
Associate Professor of Law

From: Alex Sanchez alex@liuna777.org
Date: Friday, August 23, 2024 at 3:45 PM
To: robert ovetz rfovetz@riseup.net
Cc: ualelist ualelist@list.uale.org, ualelist-request@list.uale.org ualelist-request@list.uale.org
Subject: [Ualeindiv] Re: CBA language on AI

On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:38 PM robert ovetz <rfovetz@riseup.netmailto:rfovetz@riseup.net> wrote:
Hi

I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If
anyone knows of any please let me know.

In solidarity,

Robert Ovetz

SJSU

See UALE's website at <uale.orghttp://uale.org>. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Robert: This blog post<https://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/union-collective-bargaining-agreement-strategies-in-response-to-technology/> might be helpful; it’s from 2020, but the linked report<https://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Working-Paper-Union-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-Strategies-in-Response-to-Technology-v2.pdf> (by Lisa Kresge at UC Berkeley Labor Center) is a useful compendium of various contract provisions dealing with technology – including AI! Seema. -- Seema N. Patel (she/her) Associate Professor of Law UC Law San Francisco patelseema@uclawsf.edu<mailto:patelseema@uclawsf.edu> | Bio<https://www.uclawsf.edu/people/seema-patel/> UC Hastings<https://www.uclawsf.edu/new-name/> became the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco – or UC Law SF – after AB 1936 was signed into law, striking “Hastings” from the school’s name. -- Seema N. Patel (she/her) Associate Professor of Law UC Law San Francisco patelseema@uclawsf.edu | Bio<https://www.uclawsf.edu/people/seema-patel/> UC Hastings<https://www.uclawsf.edu/new-name/> became the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco – or UC Law SF – after AB 1936 was signed into law, striking “Hastings” from the school’s name. From: Alex Sanchez <alex@liuna777.org> Date: Friday, August 23, 2024 at 3:45 PM To: robert ovetz <rfovetz@riseup.net> Cc: ualelist <ualelist@list.uale.org>, ualelist-request@list.uale.org <ualelist-request@list.uale.org> Subject: [Ualeindiv] Re: CBA language on AI I actually wrote a proposal for upcoming contract negotiations that I'm leading "During the term of this agreement, the Employer agrees to meet and confer with the Union prior to the implementation of any AI technology that may lead to a reduction of bargaining unit positions or reduction of bargaining unit work" Hope this helps. Alex On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:38 PM robert ovetz <rfovetz@riseup.net<mailto:rfovetz@riseup.net>> wrote: Hi I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If anyone knows of any please let me know. In solidarity, Robert Ovetz SJSU _______________________________________________ UALEList mailing list -- ualelist@list.uale.org<mailto:ualelist@list.uale.org> To unsubscribe send an email to ualelist-leave@list.uale.org<mailto:ualelist-leave@list.uale.org> See UALE's website at <uale.org<http://uale.org>>. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
MS
Mark Smith
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 1:10 AM

Public Services International has a lot of great resources on their Digital
Bargaining Hub, see in particular section 6 titled "Digital tools,
artificial intelligence, and algorithms":

https://publicservices.international/digital-bargaining-hub

"The Digital Bargaining Hub is an online resource for trade unionists who
are bargaining over digital issues. The hub provides real-world bargaining
clauses, union guidance, and framework agreements that can be adapted for
use at the bargaining table."

Solidarity,
Mark

On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:45 PM Alex Sanchez alex@liuna777.org wrote:

[...]

Public Services International has a lot of great resources on their Digital Bargaining Hub, see in particular section 6 titled "Digital tools, artificial intelligence, and algorithms": https://publicservices.international/digital-bargaining-hub "*The Digital Bargaining Hub is an online resource for trade unionists who are bargaining over digital issues. The hub provides real-world bargaining clauses, union guidance, and framework agreements that can be adapted for use at the bargaining table."* Solidarity, Mark On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:45 PM Alex Sanchez <alex@liuna777.org> wrote: > I actually wrote a proposal for upcoming contract negotiations that I'm > leading > > "During the term of this agreement, the Employer agrees to meet and confer > with the Union prior to the implementation of any AI technology that may > lead to a reduction of bargaining unit positions or reduction of bargaining > unit work" > > Hope this helps. > > Alex > > On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:38 PM robert ovetz <rfovetz@riseup.net> wrote: > >> Hi >> >> I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And SAG-AFTRA. If >> anyone knows of any please let me know. >> >> In solidarity, >> >> Robert Ovetz >> >> SJSU >> >> _______________________________________________ >> UALEList mailing list -- ualelist@list.uale.org >> To unsubscribe send an email to ualelist-leave@list.uale.org >> >> See UALE's website at <uale.org>. You can also like us on Facebook and >> follow us on Twitter >> > _______________________________________________ > UALEList mailing list -- ualelist@list.uale.org > To unsubscribe send an email to ualelist-leave@list.uale.org > > See UALE's website at <uale.org>. You can also like us on Facebook and > follow us on Twitter
RO
robert ovetz
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 4:49 AM

Thank you Mark! This is a great resource!

Robert

On 8/23/24 6:10 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

[...]

Thank you Mark! This is a great resource! Robert On 8/23/24 6:10 PM, Mark Smith wrote: > Public Services International has a lot of great resources on their > Digital Bargaining Hub, see in particular section 6 titled "Digital > tools, artificial intelligence, and algorithms": > > https://publicservices.international/digital-bargaining-hub > > "/The Digital Bargaining Hub is an online resource for trade unionists > who are bargaining over digital issues. The hub provides real-world > bargaining clauses, union guidance, and framework agreements that can > be adapted for use at the bargaining table."/ > > Solidarity, > Mark > > > On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:45 PM Alex Sanchez <alex@liuna777.org> wrote: > > I actually wrote a proposal for upcoming contract negotiations > that I'm leading > > "During the term of this agreement, the Employer agrees to meet > and confer with the Union prior to the implementation of any AI > technology that may lead to a reduction of bargaining unit > positions or reduction of bargaining unit work" > > Hope this helps. > > Alex > > On Fri, Aug 23, 2024, 3:38 PM robert ovetz <rfovetz@riseup.net> wrote: > > Hi > > I am looking for CBA language on AI other than WGA And > SAG-AFTRA. If > anyone knows of any please let me know. > > In solidarity, > > Robert Ovetz > > SJSU > > _______________________________________________ > UALEList mailing list -- ualelist@list.uale.org > To unsubscribe send an email to ualelist-leave@list.uale.org > > See UALE's website at <uale.org <http://uale.org>>. You can > also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter > > _______________________________________________ > UALEList mailing list -- ualelist@list.uale.org > To unsubscribe send an email to ualelist-leave@list.uale.org > > See UALE's website at <uale.org <http://uale.org>>. You can also > like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter >